Testing cloud messaging with on-terminal app

Hello,

I came across this post on the Point forums and I need the same thing:

Does enabling this feature still require Poynt to manually setup my appId?

No it is not a manual process any more, installing the package associated with the appId will give access to resources of the business.

I appear to be correctly authenticating and receiving an accessToken, and the test merchant has authorized access to the cloud app, but I’m getting the following error:

name: ‘Error’,
statusCode: 401,
developerMessage:
‘com.customtransactionprocessor’ does not match sender application package name.’,
requestId: ‘e5476460-2677-4129-9a78-5d06f1b9d529’

In the link that I referred to in my original post, someone was told to upload their APK in order to associate their cloud app to their terminal app’s package name. However, I don’t see where the documentation found here https://poynt.github.io/developer/cloud/integrating-with-poynt-cloud-apis.html indicates to do that. Is uploading the APK necessary to establish a link between my cloud app and the terminal app? My concern is that there is text on the dashboard that says that uploading the APK will submit it for review. I’m still evaluating the technology and am not looking to have the terminal app reviewed yet.

Thank you!

Hi Amilligan,

• com.customtransactionprocessor is not linked to your appId, you are permitted to send cloud messages only to the package name associated with your appId
  • To link your app Id to package name you need to upload your app to developer portal(there is no need to submit for review). Once the app is uploaded the package is reserved for you so no one else can use the same package name.
  • It is not mentioned in the docs since this is not required for cloud only apps where there is no need to send cloud messages to a specific package.