Poynt Emulator setup

dear all,

I have downloaded the poynt emulator and i followed the following setups to setup Emulator but i am stuck in the Running Python script.

Installation Instructions for AVD

1. Run the setup_poyntos_avd.py Python script. (I am Stuck on this step)

2. Type in the path to your Android Studio’s avd folder.
3. Wait patiently – a 200+MB download of the emulator image may take several minutes depending on your available bandwidth.
3. In Android Studio, navigate to Tools > Android > AVD Manager. If you don’t see Poynt Emulator 1.2.11 in the list of devices, click the refresh button at the bottom of the window. If you still do not see it, then you did not provide the correct path to your Android Studio’s avd folder.

**“Error i am facing : Please select a module with valid python SDK” **

Please guide me with steps i am a new bee

Hello,

What OS are you running? Do you have Python installed?

Thanks,
Neil

dear ,

i am running windows and i have installed python on the system .i triend to run this setup script from android studio .it did not ask me file path rather its showing following error if i run it on the terminal.

File “D:\R&D\New folder\PoyntOS_Emulator_Install-master_INSTALL_ANDROID_STUDIO_AVD\setup_poyntos_avd.py”, line 22
print “File already downloaded: %s” % file_name
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to ‘print’

1 Like

Try running it from the command prompt (outside of Android Studio). First, unzip the ZIP file (looks like you’ve already done that).

1. Launch the command prompt (Start > type “cmd” [enter])

2. Change (cd) into the directory /PoyntOS_Emulator_Install/_INSTALL_ANDROID_STUDIO_AVD

3. Execute the Python script with: python setup_poyntos_avd.py (if Python is not in your system path, then you may need to replace python with “c:\python27\python.exe” (or wherever you have Python installed)

I just tried it on a Windows 7 machine and it worked well.

thnx man with your method python script run and i was able to get emulator in my android studio AVD manager ,but there is an issue ,my emulator do not look like as given in poynt official tutorial,please see the attached image and guide me if i did anything wrong.

please guide me and if the emulator is correct then sugegst some sample app to run on this emulator and to get the basic know how of the poynt development.

Hello, I have just installed the emulator, I am able to see it on android studio but it is complaining of some missing images "The system image: system-images/android-19/default/x86/ is missing.

Download it now?". Please help me . Thanks

How to resolve this ? I am getting same error.
Need urgent Help please