Network connectivity issues

I have had frequent network connectivity issues with my Poynt device and was wondering if others have similar issues. Where I work, the wifi signal is week but I have a very fast internet connection. SO I usually connect all my development devices to a wired connection. I have my poynt device connected to a wired connection. I tested that wired connection with my laptop several times and it works perfectly. Its download speed is 94Mbps and upload speed 94Mbps. Yet poynt device intermittently drops the network connection.

I have run diagnostics that has not revealed anything because it simply shows what the device is feeling. My laptop and the poynt device are both connected to the same ethernet connection through a splitter and my laptop never has a problem. To rule out wire issues I have even swapped wires between my laptop and poynt but same results.

Has anybody else experienced similar issues?

Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Are you tethering your terminal to your laptop? I suspect the pins on the terminal don’t have good connection to the PINs on the dock. You can tail logcat and see if you are getting a lot of ConnectivityChange events.

Hi Dennis,

I am not tethering the terminal to my laptop. I think the issue seems to be with the docking station. As soon as I remove the terminal from the dock, it immediately connects to wifi and does not go. However, when I dock it, I start getting these connection problems.

I continue to have network issues with my Poynt terminal. I know that the issues are not with my network because I have several other devices wired as well as wireless on the same network. The problems with Poynt are intermittent and happen mostly when I am in the docking station but not always. Most of the times, if I do nothing but just reboot, the connection gets re-established.

Is it just me or others have experienced the same issues.

Waqar