How to know about new releases? And what is compatible with my device?

Hi,

I’ve been looking release notes page and there’s only until SDK 1.2.11 and Models 1.2.44. Looking at nexus repository I’ve found SDK 1.2.13 and Models 1.2.62. Looking at some topics I’ve found indications to update gradle depencencies to SDK 1.2.13 and 1.2.56.

How can I know about new stable releases? I think that the indication is to use 1.2.56 instead of .62 because it may be unstable, idk.

And how can I ensure that the version which I’m building the app is compatible with an specific device? For example, if I build an app with models 1.2.32 and try to install it in my terminal, it will throw some exceptions. I think it’s because Poynt services might use an incompatible version of the models.

Thanks in advance (:

Hi Gabriel,

SDK 1.2.11 and Models 1.2.44 and onward should be forward compatible. Versions prior to that were not forward compatible. You will only need to upgrade version if you need to get access to the new features. SDK 1.2.13 and 1.2.56 will be the libraries for the next stable release. We will update release notes once the new release gets pushed to all developer devices.

Some developers needed access to new features available in 1.2.13 and 1.2.56 therefore you see the mention of these library versions on other discussion threads.

Hi Dennis,

It solved my question.

Thanks!