Cannot create user

Hi, I installed genymotion and got the Kitkat image setup. I ran the setup_poyntos_adb.py script according to your instructions. I also have the keyboard enabled.

The emulator has been activated successfully, but when it reaches the user creation screen, I enter the particulars for the name, password and the retype password fields using the soft keyboard. But when I press “Done” on the soft keyboard, it just shows a “cannot create user” message.

I’m unable to proceed. Please help.

Thanks,
Akilan

Can you post the logcat from your device?

Thanks for replying @dennis

Ok, somehow both the genymotion and avd emulators are working fine on the user creation screen. I can now proceed to the login screen where I enter the passcode and press login. This works fine too.

There’s just one problem now. The first user I created had a passcode 8 digits long. I cannot login using that passcode. So I had to create a second user with a 4 digit passcode. As I can understand from the UI, the max length for a passcode is 6, right?

How do I reset the passcode for the first user?

Akilan,

I believe you already resolved this. But for the benefits of others who stumbled across this thread, the terminal user PIN/passcode can be reset on poynt.net.

We’ll put in a fix to limit the PIN length for the first user to 6 as well.

looks like we already fixed in the new build.

we already have poynt terminal, but we encounter the same issue of creating a passcode of 8 digits long and can’t login because of 6digit password login.

also we cannot create new user

regarding to the new build…

how can we get the new build/update

PM me your terminal serial number and I can push it to you.
You can reset the password for an existing user in your developer account on poynt.net

To reset the PIN:

• Click on your developer organization name in top right corner to open the list of test merchants
  • Select the test merchant your terminal is attached to. Your view will now switch to merchant’s dashboard
  • From there go to BUSINESS > Terminal Users and click on “Edit” icon in the Actions column
  • After resetting user PIN, reboot the terminal to get the update.