Access card holder name on card swipe

Looking through the forums and the documentation I have not seen anything on the following:

Typically in a point of sale flow for restaurant, a card is swiped to start a running tab for someone. At that moment a $0 or $1 auth could be applied. For our application, we will not, but need a way to capture details without issuing charges to open the tab. As of now we have implemented a manual text input field to allow staff to be able to open a tab with detail entry.

So, I tried to use the payment fragment, but it is cumbersome for this process since it requires consumer signature (even for auth only - which may not be the intent at this moment). Is there another way I can interface with the card reader just to get full name off track 1 - through a Poynt interface that does not yield sensitive info, since I do not want that? Will there be support for this behavior - maybe a trimmed down payment fragment?

We are planning to add the feature to validate card in the May release. That will enable you to get the card name off the card.
Merchant account can be configured to skip signature for amounts under a certain threshold (I have configured your test businesses to skip if amount is under $10).

Ah, I should have looked there. Thanks!

This will do for now. Look forward to seeing what we need to do for the validation when released.