Custom tender type

Hi All,

I need to create custom tender type and add custom payment option to payment fragment. I heard that there is no API for custom payment methods available but I found IPoyntCustomTransactionService which described as providing necessary interfaces to support custom payment methods. However I couldn’t figure out how to use it. Is there any samples that describes it’s use?

For the benefits of others reposting my email response here:
We have temporarily removed IPoyntCustomTransactionService api from current release, but hoping to add it back in the near future.

Dennis- Is there any sample for customPayment support in poynt? I can see that it is being supported in latest SDK.

Sorry for the delay. Here you go: http://poynt.github.io/developer/tut/integrating-gift-cards-and-custom-tenders.html

1 Like

Hi Dennis, does this mean that custom tenders are now enabled?

yes, that’s correct.

How do I get the samplegiftcardprocessor sample from github to work? I can run it but I only see a white screen with two buttons “Read Card” and “SET CUSTOM BIN RANGE”. Neither of these buttons gets me to the CustomPaymentFragment.

Samplegiftcardprocessor sample demonstrates a) how to set the card reader configuration to read non-payment cards (e.g. you can swipe a gift card and your transaction processor app will get a Transaction request.) and b) add your payment tender as an option in Payment Options view of Payment Fragment. Tapping on your payment tender will launch your app’s activity so you can collect some input from merchant or customer (e.g. scanning QR code).