BarCode Scanner

How can i open a barcode scanner on poynt device through my app ?? I am using zxing library for this purpose.It gives me Error “Google Play not installed”

Hi, I was trying the same thing myself by integrating the zxing as a library project for my application, but I couldn’t make it work well.

I was searching through this forum and found out a way to use the customer side camera to scan the barcodes and it is working quite well in my app.

Take a look at the following at the relevant parts regarding code scanning at the following:

I’m currently trying to find out how to use the cashier-side camera and I will post the findings if any.

I managed to use the cashier-facing camera with the code from below:

Thanks for the help…

camera is in landscape mode any way to change to portrait
??

I think I’m having the same issue.
It’s not that the camera is in landscape mode, but the image is flipped by 90 degrees no matter wich orientation the app or device is set. I’m using ZXing 1.5.1.0

Which camera are you using?

I had the same problem using the Customer facing camera, but no problem with the Cashier facing camera.

I had no idea how to fix it, so decided to use the IPoyntSecondScreenService.scanCode for Customer facing camera.

To use the Cashier facing camera, just set the camera ID to 1 at the ScannerActivity.java in the sample.

Both camrea’s are flipped in my case.

Hi there,

You can use this library https://github.com/poynt/barcodescanner/tree/allow-rotation (allow-rotation branch). We have forked this library from https://github.com/dm77/barcodescanner and modified it to allow camera rotation.

You will need to make the following changes to get it to work:

zbar-zbar lib build.gradle:
compile project(":core")
// compile ‘me.dm7.barcodescanner:core:1.7.2’

sample project build.gradle:
compile project(’:core’)
compile project(":zbar:zbar")
//compile ‘me.dm7.barcodescanner:zbar:1.7.2’

sample project: SimpeScannerActivity.java

public void onResume() {
super.onResume();
mScannerView.setResultHandler(this);
mScannerView.setCameraPreviewRotation(90);
mScannerView.startCamera();
}

2 Likes

Hi dennis,

I have confirmed that it is working with zxing as well.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks for the response